Wednesday 7 May 2008

Summary Of Being Bad.

0702701

My age: 19 years of age.

Female.

My degree subjects: Philosophy and Religious Studies.

Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
I feel that the ‘Being Bad’ module has related well to my other modules: mainly in ‘Critical Thinking’. I felt that one could apply the situations of immoral, dangerous, unhealthy and ‘bad’ behaviours to critical thinking. The ability to critically analyse the debates on these topics have helped create the end result.

I found the topic interesting and enjoyed the assessment pieces as I could apply my knowledge. However I believe that with the introduction of more philosophers (in lectures) in relation to the study of being bad, may have made the subject more appealing.

Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?
I feel that the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate. I think that the topics included on the module are those I would have chosen to want in a lecture, had I been able to chose.

Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
I feel that the format of the classes worked well.

What did you think of the module team?
I thought they worked well.

Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions?
Yes.
Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?
No.
Information and talk from lecturers?
No. (Although maybe more information of more philosophers).

The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
I feel that because it touches on so many topics it helps our overall understanding of the topic of being bad.

Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
Yes, should be applied more widely.

Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
Yes.

Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
Yes.

Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?
Yes.
Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
I have done.

Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
I found that it was the best assessment this year as it helped me apply my thoughts to the knowledge.

What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?
I’d have preferred a longer essay.

What have you learned from the module?
I have widened my knowledge and understanding of people’s behaviour and that perhaps looking at a situation and judging that it is an act of being bad would be incorrect without an argument against the situation.

What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?
I found the further research of the module for my web blog most helpful.

What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?
None.

Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?
I feel that there should be more philosophers involved when relating the topics. I thoroughly enjoyed the layout and application of the module and hope that the way in which it was taught will be applied to further modules.